Another Sunday has passed, another food party has ended.
- Mapo Tofu (lunch)
- Pot-Stickers: ground pork, shrimp, Chinese flowering chives (lunch)
- Crab Asparagus Soup (dinner)
- Crispy Herb Fried Chicken (dinner)
- Avocado Pasta (dinner)
- Profiteroles with Vanilla Swiss Almond and Chocolate Sauce (dinner)
I wanted to make a simple and quick pasta for Sunday’s dinner party. There were 4 courses, as usual, and this was the third savory before dessert. My dinner parties always end up really late but last night we finished at 10:30pm. Or maybe I’m getting better with time management.
For the Avocado Sauce
- 2 large ripe Hass avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch of salt
- A few turns of freshly ground black pepper
Blend avocado, lemon juice, garlic cloves, parsley, salt and pepper together in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set pesto aside in an air-tight container, with cling wrap directly on top to keep air out.
For the Finnish
- Pecorino Romano, for grating
- Candied pecans
- Sunflower sprouts
- Olive oil
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add a few drops of oil to prevent sticking. Cook pasta until al dente.
Drain pasta and sprinkle with olive oil to prevent sticking. Plate pasta and scoop desired amount of sauce onto each plate. Toss to combine. Microplane cheese, add sunflower sprouts, and garnish with candied pecans. Serve immediately.