Still rainy and typhoon-y weather in Hong Kong. You don’t know how depressing this is. At least it’s windy, and not stuffy.
I’m over my cilantro phase… now I’m kind of obsessed with limes right now. I just love the taste. Yum.
[100% organic, wild squid, Thai shrimp]
- 2 TBS butter
- 3 TBS olive oil, divided in 1 TBS + 2 TBS
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bird’s eye chili pepper, sliced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 TBS flat-leaf parsley, chopped, save some for garnish
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ freshly grated parmesan
- ½ lb calamari, tubes & tentacles
- 10 shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- Salt & pepper
Chop squid tubes into rounds. Boil pasta in salted water and add a few drops of olive oil to prevent sticking; cooked to al dente. Keep pasta in pot to keep warm.
In a pan, melt and heat the butter and 1 TBS olive oil on medium-heat. Sauté the garlic, chili pepper, and onion for 30 seconds, then add in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the wine once the tomatoes are fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle some chopped parsley. Cook for another 2-3 minutes on low-heat. Toss with pasta and add in the cheese and keep warm.
In another pan, heat the 2 TBS olive oil. Add in the squid and shrimp once hot and stir in lime zest, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute on each side. Then toss with the summery pasta and serve immediately.