I don’t like curry at all. I don’t eat Indian food and when I do eat Thai food, I avoid the curry. But since I told myself that I should give certain foods that I don’t like another chance, I decided to make Thai red curry tonight for dinner.
The smell is definitely very aromatic – I can smell coconut and basil very strongly and I guess that “other” smell is the curry scent.
[100% organic, wild mussels caught live in U.S.A., environmentally responsible aquaculture farmed shrimp]
- 2 TBS Thai red curry paste
- One 14 oz. can lite coconut milk
- 3 TBS hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ½ lb shrimp
- ½ lb mussels
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Thai basil
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine curry paste and coconut milk, continuously whisking, for about 5 minutes
- Add hoisin sauce, stock, and brown sugar, until thoroughly mixed
- Add the basil with the veggies and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes
- Add the seafood and simmer until just heated through
- Serve over rice
*Adapted from Whole Foods Market.